The Sleep Unit is aimed at modifying the psychological aspects of sleeping disorders and those derived from the misuse of psychoactive and other drugs. Amongst the activities that we carry out in this unit are:
- Accurate diagnosis of the sleep disorder.
- Sleep-wake pattern assessment via actigraphy and sleep diaries.
- Psychoactive treatment evaluation and it effect on the different sleep stages.
- Coaching and Cognitive Behavioural psychotherapy interventions to reduce insomnia (American National Institutes of Health and British Association of Psychopharmacology)
- Specific interventions to help parents of children with sleeping problems.